Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year...resolutions

I've never been much for New Years resolutions - I always thought it was like setting yourself up to fail (guess I'm a pessimist!). But during the latter half of 2008 I started working on goal setting and time management. If you want to achieve something, you need to write it down...and set a deadline.
So one of the things I've always wanted to do was write. I'm a bit on the wordy side...and I write in run-on sentences...but ever since I could read and write, I've journaled, written in a diary, wrote stories and essays and loved the printed word. I was even a blogger before blogging was the "in" thing to do. But as I've gotten older I've found I just haven't had time. So I started a blog and still only wrote sporadically. So my first New Years resolution for 2009 is to write in my blog once a day. Pretty ambitious huh! Now there are days (usually on a weekend) where I am completely unconnected (it's true, there are days I don't even check email! gasp!). So if that happens, I guess I'll need to blog more than once a day to make up for it! But my goal is that by December 31, 2009 I will have blogged at least 365 times.
Now I do not make any promises that my blogs will be insightful, interesting or even worth reading - but at the very least it will be written! I'm always telling my son that if you want to be good at something, you have to practice. It's not enough to just have a talent, you still have to work at it. So I do not pretend to have the talent of writing, but I do think I used to be pretty good at it in high school and college, so maybe with practice I will improve (and by the end of the year, maybe my blogs will be worth reading! ;o)
So here's to a new year...and blogging...

No comments: