Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Good Food & Good Company

Every second Tuesday is my Business & Professional Women's meeting/dinner. And what a great dinner we had tonight! We went to the Mint Julep Bistro in Palatine. A great new southern cooking restaurant. I was so enchanted with the evening that I forgot to take photos of all the food - by the time I remembered I had a camera (and that I blog), all I had left was the end of my (personal) pot of tea.
We sat in their semi-private room, complete with fireplace. The decor was simple and quaint. The staff attentive. And the food fantastic.
I tried fried green tomatoes for the first time (yumm!). Followed by chicken-fried steak (they called it country-fried, prolly as to not confuse the Yankees ;o).
I highly recommend this lovely restaurant in downtown Palatine.

No comments: