Sunday, January 4, 2009

Broken Resolutions...already!

That didn't take long, did it? LOL

So it's 11:30 PM on January 3rd. I've crawled into bed and realized "I forgot to blog today!". Do I get out of bed? Hmmmm, don't really have anything interesting to blog about (other than the fact that I forgot to blog and it's now 11:30 PM). Okay, forget it - I did warn that on the weekends I might miss a day.

So I was up early on Saturday (the 3rd) to take the boy to a 7AM orthodontist appointment. Then I spent the majority of the the day working in the warehouse and checked email a few times. The plan was to work on the computer when I got home, but just didn't feel up to it. Instead I vegged in front of the t.v. So is it any surprise I forgot to blog? Oh well.

So today I enjoyed a massage (bought a spa package thingie back in September with BFF Fran). I was SO disappointed to find out that it was only for 20 mins which means I had to keep all my clothes on and didn't get "lubed up" with lotion (my skin is SO dry and could really use a good massage). But any massage is better than no massage at all, right? Except this was like a tease. And the whole time I'm lying there getting rubbed & de-stressed, what am I thinking about? The fact that My Man gave me gift certificates in 2007 for a massage and I never took the time to make an appointment & then they expired!! I've been kicking myself the entire year about this one. And now that I've had my 20 minute massage tease, I'm really annoyed I never used those gift certificates! Unfortunately, after wasting the last ones he gave me, he swore to never buy them for me again. Bummer.

So after our massages (Fran & I did them on the same day), we went out for a cup of tea to catch up. We figured out that we hadn't seen each other for an entire month! Could not believe we went that long! Yes, we talked a lot on the phone, but I don't think we've ever done a month without a face-to-face visit! Consequently, we both have another reason to be glad the holidays are over.

So now I'm off to resume laundry detail. I am so behind in getting this stuff done. Actually, I think the last time I was actually caught up on laundry had to be last March when the pool table actually saw some play time for My Man's birthday. My domestic duties never end!

No comments: