Monday, January 12, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Not that anyone is reading my blogs to offer me freebies - but that doesn't mean I can't brag on the things I really like! So this will be the first installment of A Few of My Favorite Things.
I love the "smell" of coffee, but I've never been able to appreciate the flavor. And I have tried! When I met My Man I used to drink herb tea...but as a Brit, he had to teach me the proper way to drink tea before taking me home to meet the family (as it was already bad enough that I was part Welsh & Irish! LOL). So he started me on black tea with milk. But you don't make it like us Americans do - in other words, you can just pour hot water over a bag in a cup. You have to brew tea. When our business was home-based it was no big deal - I had a stove with a kettle and tea pot covered by a tea cozie. But what do you do when you work in an office? So for years I carted a thermos full of brewed tea back & forth. But then we discovered the Keurig.


I love this thing! This wonderful invention brews tea instantly & then pours it into your cup. No more wasted tea in that forgotten pot - it's just one cup at a time! And my favorite accessory is the Reusable Coffee Filter. I use the base for my tea bags. Although "they" say you can't taste coffee when you change out the K-Cups, I can (but when you hate coffee flavor so much that you don't even like Tiramsu for dessert (gasp) then trust me, the flavor is still in that K-Cup holder!). But with this accessory that problem is gone. AND if you do like your special coffee, then you can use your own with this personal size filter.

I love my Keurig so much I had to get one for home too. We packed away our coffee pot and only use this thing at home. And when company comes to visit - we just stock up on all the different coffees that we keep at the office. So if you're in the mood for a cup of tea (or coffee) and you don't want to go instant or make a whole pot - this is the invention for you!

No comments: