Saturday, May 23, 2009

Movies

As I was getting ready to write a movie review, I realized that some people that read this blog (I know, no one actually reads my blog, but just in case) might not agree with the movies I let my kids watch. So I thought I'd better first say something about our choice in movies.

Our kids tend to see movies that are probably a bit more advanced than the ratings suggest, but at the same time, we're not the kind of parents that take our kids to rated R movies either. As a matter of fact, I deplore hearing stories about parents that take their kids, or rent movies for their kids that are rated R or worse (ie: horror movies, bloody gore action movies). Don't get me wrong, I love Quinten Tarentino, but it's not kid/family appropriate viewing.

But yes, they watch action fliks (ie: James Bond, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Batman, etc.) and sometimes they are rated PG-13. Sometimes I cringe at some parts, but most of the time, anything that they see that is even close to innapropriate goes right over their head.

So IF you are reading this post AND you feel the need to post a comment that is in any way critical of my parenting abilities because I let my kids watch a movie that is rated over G, let me first say, feel free to say whatever you like. I can always delete your comments if they get nasty and judgemental and I don't want to have them connected to my post. Now if you want to leave a comment that disagrees with me but you are diplomatic and polite, I may decide to leave your comments posted. Because as long as you're nice and respectful, I can be too. But be nasty and act like a booger, then I'll flik you away without another thought (just like a booger). :oP

No comments: