Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mean Mommy

So by the end of the day, after spending the entire day inside with the kids (it's been raining since Friday) I had had enough. So I declared to The Boy that I would become what he's always calling me..I am now officially a mean mommy.

He blinks at me with shock...not sure what that means. I explain, all toys must be picked up & back in your room at bedtime. I will no longer cook special meals, you will eat whatever we happen to make for dinner, or starve (or fend for yourself...this is why he's been taught how to make his own quesadillas). I will no longer allow whining or back talking (I've had it w/ the "no" & "why" stuff).

So he grumbled & cried and apologized and begged for "nice mommy" to come back. "I don't want you to be a mean mommy!"

But guess what.... my living room floor is clean. He actually ate (and LOVED) the grilled pork chops we made for dinner. He brushed his teeth without a fight. He happily read with dad. And it worked on The Girl too. She cleaned her room. Brushed her teeth. And went to bed without whining.

I am SO loving this mean mommy idea!

No comments: