Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer Reading Update

Well, this summer is proving more difficult for My Boy this year. He has to read 2 books totally 200 pages for each session. We went into this with excitement, but he's been pretty distracted by summer camp and his reading has slowed down quite a bit. He chose Diary of a Wimpy Kid (200 pages on it's own) and he hasn't finished it yet.

My Girl is doing pretty good, she's about halfway through her books (of course, she only has to have someone read TO her, so that's quite a bit easier).

Me, well I've been plowing through and have read 4 so far (the goal is 5 for each visit). Here's what I've read:

  1. Hot Stuff, by Janet Evanovich & Leanne Banks
  2. Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich (a between the numbers novel)
  3. The Grand Finale by Janet Evanovich
  4. Rocky Road to Romance by Janet Evanovich
  5. Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews (just started this one yesterday)

Hmm, apparentlyI have a slight addiction to Janet Evanovich, LOL.

I do enjoy her old romance novels, but they're just not the same as the Stephanie Plum series. I was desperate to quickly pick another one (that's how I ended up w/ #5) but next time I'll do some more research before I go to the library to see if I can find something more mystery/romance (hey, it's no fun unless there's a hot guy in there!).

No comments: